George Ranger 7,8
- Born: 26 Apr 1868, Underriver, Seal, Kent
- Marriage: Mary Ann Harris on 27 Apr 1895 in St Margarets, Underriver, Kent
- Died: Apr 1940, Hawkenbury, Tunbridge Wells, Kent aged 72
- Buried: Apr 1940, Cemetery, Hawkenbury, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Like his father he was a carter. At the age of 16 he took over his fathers job as a carter. His father had just died and he was given the chance to see if he could do the job. He was successfull. They were living in Underriver in the parish of Seal and he was employed by Lord Derby. Worked on several farms in his lifetime, possibly Eltham in Kent, Fairlawn near Shipbourne, Farnham Farm, and Tophill Farm near Langton. Later he moved to Pembury where he worked at Dodhurst Farm. Later he moved to Hawkenbury, where he and his wife Mary lived with their son Harry and daughter in law Mary, which is where he died.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Farm Labourer (Carter).
George married Mary Ann Harris, daughter of William Harris and Unknown, on 27 Apr 1895 in St Margarets, Underriver, Kent. (Mary Ann Harris was born about 1872 in Charlbury, Oxfordshire, died on 25 Dec 1949 in Eridge, Sussex and was buried in Dec 1949 in Cemetery, Hawkenbury, Tunbridge Wells, Kent.)
Witnesses to wedding Louis Ranger & Edith Ranger. Gerge's brother and sister inlaw.